Laws and regulations
(Polish version only)
A person who would like to start the habilitation procedure at the JU Faculty of Biology in the field: biological sciences, discipline: biology must meet the statutory requirements, and, besides, should fulfill the following conditions:
- have a considerable academic output, that is more than a dozen papers published in prestigious international journals (included in the lista A of the Ministry of Scinece and Higher Education or listend by the Journal Citation Reports).
- be the so-called "corresponding author of at least five papers published in prestigious international journals
- be or have been the head or the coordinator of the project funded by KBN (State Committee for Scientific Research), NCN (National Science Centre), or another project of equal status
- have completed a foreign internship
- have taught classes of various kinds, achieving high standards of teaching (according to students and observers) and have been an academic advisor of at least two MA students
- have contributed to the popularization of science (popular scientific publications, open lectures etc.)
- have participated in the organizational activities of the academic unit where he or she is employed.
The purpose of the conditions 1-4 is to guarantee the scientific and financial independence of the candidates, whereas the requirements 5-7 are aimed to make sure that they are successful in the area of education.